Abstractor Resume Sample
An Abstractor is someone that makes abstracts or summarizes information and is a common position within the field of real estate
Abstractor Resume Sample Bullet Points
Below is a list of bullet points that can be used on your resume to describe your role as a abstractor:
- Search real estate records, examine titles, or summarize pertinent legal or insurance documents or details for a variety of purposes.
- May compile lists of mortgages, contracts, and other instruments pertaining to titles by searching public and private records for law firms, real estate agencies, or title insurance companies.
- Prepare lists of all legal instruments applying to a specific piece of land and the buildings on it.
- Examine documentation such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, plat books, maps, contracts, and agreements in order to verify factors such as properties' legal descriptions, ownership, or restrictions.
- Read search requests in order to ascertain types of title evidence required and to obtain descriptions of properties and names of involved parties.
- Copy or summarize recorded documents, such as mortgages, trust deeds, and contracts, that affect property titles.
- Examine individual titles in order to determine if restrictions, such as delinquent taxes, will affect titles and limit property use.
- Prepare reports describing any title encumbrances encountered during searching activities, and outlining actions needed to clear titles.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of land-related documents accepted for registration; prepare rejection notices when documents are not acceptable.
- Confer with realtors, lending institution personnel, buyers, sellers, contractors, surveyors, and courthouse personnel in order to exchange title-related information or to resolve problems.
- Enter into record keeping systems appropriate data needed to create new title records or update existing ones.
- Direct activities of workers who search records and examine titles, assigning, scheduling, and evaluating work, and providing technical guidance as necessary.
- Obtain maps or drawings delineating properties from company title plants, county surveyors, and/or assessors' offices.
Abstractor Resume Sample Keywords
For a general list of keywords for your abstractor resume, you can see a comprehensive list on our Resume Sample Keywords page. These keywords are designed to help you use strong verbs in describing your experience on your abstractor resume.