Bill Collector Resume Sample
Bill Collector Resume Sample Bullet Points
Below are some sample bullet points that you can use in describing your role as a bill collector
- Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or personal visit to solicit payment.
- Receiving payment and posting amount to customer's account
- Preparing statements to credit department if customer fails to respond
- Initiating repossession proceedings or service disconnection
- Keeping records of collection and status of accounts.
- Advise customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
- Persuade customers to pay amounts due on credit accounts, damage claims, or nonpayable checks, or to return merchandise.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts.
- Locate and monitor overdue accounts, using computers and a variety of automated systems.
- Answer customer questions regarding problems with their accounts.
- Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
- Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations.
- Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or personal visits to solicit payment.
- Trace delinquent customers to new addresses by inquiring at post offices, telephone companies, credit bureaus, or through the questioning of neighbors.
- Sort and file correspondence, and perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as answering correspondence and writing reports.
- Perform various administrative functions for assigned accounts, such as recording address changes and purging the records of deceased customers.
Bill Collector Resume Sample Keywords and Simple Phrases
For a general list of keywords for your bill collector resume, you can see a comprehensive list on our Resume Sample Keywords page. These keywords are designed to help you use strong verbs in describing your experience on your bill collector resume.