Food Preparation Worker Resume Sample
Food Preparation Worker Resume Sample Bullet Points
- Perform duties which combine preparing and serving food and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, desserts, according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures.
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Portion and wrap the food, or place it directly on plates for service to patrons.
- Weigh or measure ingredients.
- Mix ingredients for green salads, molded fruit salads, vegetable salads, and pasta salads.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Use manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items.
- Make special dressings and sauces as condiments for sandwiches.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
- Serve customers in eating places that specialize in fast service and inexpensive carry-out food.
- Accept payment from customers, and make change as necessary.
- Request and record customer orders, and compute bills using cash registers, multicounting machines, or pencil and paper.
- Clean and organize eating, service, and kitchen areas.
- Notify kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
- Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints.
- Prepare daily food items, and cook simple foods and beverages, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, pizza, or coffee using proper safety precautions and sanitary measures.
- Select food items from serving or storage areas and place them in dishes, on serving trays, or in takeout bags.
- Relay food orders to cooks.
- Prepare and serve cold drinks, or frozen milk drinks or desserts, using drink-dispensing, milkshake, or frozen custard machines.
- Collect and return dirty dishes to the kitchen for washing.
- Perform personnel activities such as supervising and training employees.
- Monitor and order supplies or food items and restock as necessary to maintain inventory.
- Cook or re-heat food items such as french fries.
- Wash dishes, glassware, and silverware after meals.
Food Preparation Worker Resume Sample Keywords and Simple Resume Phrases
- Performing for or working directly with the public
- Coaching and developing others
- Assisting and caring for others
- Handling and moving objects
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or material
- Guiding, directing, and motivating subordinates
- Training and teaching others
- Evaluating information to determine compliance with standards
- Judging the qualities of things, services, or people
- Developing and building teams
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Provide consultation and advice to others
- Communicating with supervisors, peers, or subordinates
- Decision making, creative thinking and problem solving
- Identifying objects, actions, and events
- Monitor processes, materials, or surroundings
- Resolving conflicts and negotiating with others
- Coordinating the work and activities of others
- Operate cooking equipment
- Prepare appetizers, salads, or cold dishes
- Perform a variety of food preparation duties other than cooking
- Distribute food to waiters or waitresses to serve to customers
- Operate food preparation equipment
- Wash dishes, glassware, or related utensils
- Notify kitchen personnel of food orders, shortages, or special orders
- Understand government health, hotel or food service regulations
- Obtain information from individuals
- Provide customer service
- Cook food requiring short preparation time
- Package goods for shipment or storage
- Serve food or beverages
- Collect payment
- Place food on dishes or trays or in takeout bags
- Prepare beverages
- Use cash registers
Did we miss any bullets or other information?