Parts Salesperson Sample Resume
Resume Sample Bullet Points
- Sell spare and replacement parts and equipment in repair shop or parts store.
- Read catalogs, microfiche viewers, or computer displays in order to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices.
- Determine replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests, or customers' descriptions of malfunctions.
- Receive and fill telephone orders for parts.
- Fill customer orders from stock.
- Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
- Receive payment or obtain credit authorization.
- Take inventory of stock.
- Advise customers on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
- Examine returned parts for defects, and exchange defective parts or refund money.
- Mark and store parts in stockrooms according to prearranged systems.
- Discuss use and features of various parts, based on knowledge of machines or equipment.
- Demonstrate equipment to customers and explain functioning of equipment.
Resume Sample Keywords and Simple Phrases
- Performing for or working directly with the public
- Problem-solving and creative-thinking
- Communicating with persons outside organization
- Communicating with supervisors, peers, or subordinates
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Selling or influencing others
- Processing information
- Identifying objects, actions, and events
- Updating and using relevant knowledge, which may also involve continued education
- Resolving conflicts and negotiating with others
- Getting information
- Interacting with computer programs, internet programs, email programs, etc
- Monitor processes, materials, or surroundings
- Use inventory control procedures
- Balance cash register
- Sell merchandise
- Use sales techniques
- Use knowledge of metric system
- Answer customer or public inquiries
- Use interpersonal communication techniques
- Use oral or written communication techniques
- Use product knowledge to market goods
- Read vehicle manufacturer's specifications
- Use computers to enter, access or retrieve data
- Process credit transaction
- Use industry terms or concepts
- Use knowledge of written communication in sales work
- Greet customers, guests, visitors, or passengers